Mark Bohan to make NRL Debut
Congratulations to Association member Mark Bohan who will tonight make his long awaited debut in the NRL. Mark has been appointed as a touch judge in the Manly v Gold Coast fixture kicking off at 6pm at Lottoland.
Mark started refereeing in the Penrith District in 2000. At the conclusion of his first year he was appointed to the Under 6 Div 7 GF. Six years later he was invited to join the Junior reps squad before finally being graded as a touch judge in 2014.
When asked for a comment on his career so far Mark stated “ I was never naturally gifted, progression always took a long time, but I just preserved. Tried my best to learn and it got me where I am today!”
Well done on fulfilling your dream Mark and hopefully this is the first of many NRL games, the Association is behind you all the way.
Mark’s distinguished list of accomplishments are as follows:
- U/18s State of Origin (NSW v QLD) match - 2018
-Ron Massey Cup Grand Final 2017
- Women's Interstate (NSW v QLD) match 2017
- NYC (U/20s) debut - Round 11 2016
- Junior Representative Finals Referee - 2013, 2014
- Penrith District A-Grade Div 1 Grand Final Referee - 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Represented NSWRL at the Australian U/15s National Championships - 2012
- NSW Cup debut - 2012
- Awarded Penrith Valley Sports Foundation - Match Official of the Year - 2013/2014